Friday, November 11, 2011

Thank You

Let's remember the veterans today... those that have served and given their life and those that were fortunate enough to come home again.
Growing up I always had a special reverence for those in uniform. That respect has stuck with me through my life, a life that may have been different if it were not for these men and women. As I sit and think about their courage and sacrifice it brings tears to my eyes,
tears of sadness, tears of pride.

Yesterday I sewed two blocks from my Shop Hop kits using the American Valor prints. I think they might make a nice gift for a vet... maybe a pillow, maybe a small wall hanging for a vet living in a nursing home. I'll be thinking about this some more as I put them together.
Go visit a vet. Strike up a conversation with a WWII vet, you know them by that baseball style hat they wear with pride. Let's not forget Korea, Vietnam and the
Persian Gulf/Afghanistan. There are plenty of young men and women home on leave around donning their uniform.
Don't know what to talk about?
Just tell them THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No ID? Use ANONYMOUS! Don't forget to give your name!