Saturday, March 24, 2012

Domestic Bliss

Today I thought I would get a little bit worked on Cass' quilt. A month or two ago, I ordered a Jelly Roll of "Domestic Bliss"
(by Liz Scott for Moda) from Green Fairy Quilts 
Just look at it. It screams "tweenager" !
For those of you unsure of this term... it pretty much means "pre-teen".
Never really liked the term myself, but HEY, it fits here!
SO, after talking to Cass a little, I paired up the strips.
Here's about half of them...



I sewed all the pairs together down the fabric width.



It was "sew" nice to use the NewHome.
It's such a great running machine - perfect little stitches!
Maybe she deserves a name.
I'll have to think on that one for a bit.

Anyway,
this is what I now have completed.


the strips on the machine are not yet sewn

There are nine of each pairing cut 4 1/2 square.
I'll probably arrange them something like this...



I'll be talkin' to ya'!

2 comments:

  1. Raina, blocks look good...... A Cassie kinda quilt. What about the granny squares?? Just checkin in love from Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pattern, and the fun prints together are fantastic. How about Lola (for your machine )? Or Alice? (Brady Bunch reference)

    ReplyDelete

No ID? Use ANONYMOUS! Don't forget to give your name!