Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Up, up and away!

Well, who would've thought yesterday while typing to you
that my husband was receiving an invitation for us to go up in this balloon?

picture taken from Warren \County Farmers' Fair Brochure

Of all times to not have an SD card in the camera! I left in a rush after typing yesterday's post and neglected to take it with me :(

Thankfully, the camera holds a few shots without a card...


Off to Fred's house. Fred's the pilot, by the way!
To fill you in, every summer at the fair/Balloon Festival, our family helps out by way of setting up, chasing and then packing up balloons for any pilot that may need help. Most of the time we're with

Fred (Balloonatics & Aeronuts)
or
Kenny (Balloons Over Orlando)

FILLING THE BALLOON


A LITTLE LOOK AT THE INSIDE WHILE IT'S
FILLING UP WITH AIR
THIS IS FRED, VERY FOCUSED AS SHOULD BE!!!
THAT'S US OVER THERE ON THE MOUNTAIN
OR AT LEAST OUR SHADOW :)
PICTURESQUE OXFORD FURNACE LAKE


SOME OF THE BEAUTIFUL SCENERY AROUND
OUR NECK OF THE WOODS


It was such a wonderful night for a flight! Living where we do we could see both the NY and Philly skylines. NY was very distinguishable, however it didn't photograph very well, too hazy. Awesome, nonetheless!

For a good portion of the trip we were up a mile or more (a little unnerving when I started the "what ifs" in my head, but I didn't allow myself there for long).
Just before we landed we needed to fly THROUGH some trees in order to slow us down... that was really neat! When we came out on the other side of this one tree, Oxford firemen were there to cheer us.
Bet you thought I was going to say RESCUE us - we just happen to fly next their firehouse!
A GREAT BIG THANK YOU, FRED! for all the wonderful times that we have had in and around the balloons. Looking forward to many more.
My family is very blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Raina, I love reading your blog! Today's photo of the balloon shadow is so cool!

    I'm a friend of your Mom, since elementary school days.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Susan Piagesi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so incredibly blessed! I've always thought it would be so fun. Great pics too. - they get better every time :)

    ReplyDelete

No ID? Use ANONYMOUS! Don't forget to give your name!