Saturday, November 17, 2012

Off to the races!

So, the other day I was browsing the local quilt shop's site. They mentioned something about cheering on quilters at the Jelly Roll Race. 

Jelly Roll Race? What's that, I wondered. Thus, the search began. 
I quickly came up with a great YouTube tutorial (here).
I was inspired. I could actually check off a Christmas present in the very near future! Not just any Christmas present... a handmade beautiful quilt!.

Next step was to find just the right fabric.
So, I popped over to  Green Fairy Quilts and narrowed it down to a few. My top pick was 'sold out', but I found it on Amazon.com.

Here it is...

Holiday Medley, by Kansas Troubles Quilters for Moda


 And here's my messy floor!


it's got to be a little messy when you sew, right?


 Heading down the home stretch...





Crossed the finish line - hooray!


This top comes complete with a pair of feet
(and some fingers, too)



Complete quilt top - just like that!

So, what do you think? I kind of like it, myself.
And... I do believe that one of these days... I'll make another :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Raina!! I'm cheering a finish quilt top is great!! I have quilty books and some fabric to pass to you attempted to clear up Scott's room. Ugh what a chore and all my 'stuff'!! House looks like a bomb hit it!!

    Love to all - Aunt Linda...

    ReplyDelete

No ID? Use ANONYMOUS! Don't forget to give your name!