Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cass' Quilt

Well, I've been making some progress on Cass' quilt. I had a dozen blocks done yesterday.



After just a little while THIS afternoon,
I managed to complete a total of 26.
These go together so quickly. No more cutting just now.
Just two work stations:
SEWING  and  PRESSING


Here's my girl looking so cute!



She really likes this material and is looking forward to her finished quilt.


I will be getting back to some Granny Square soon... I just want to get these completed first. Mostly because I have a definite goal in mind, but also because it's such a quick quilt to make.
Some simple sashing and before I know it I'll have the top done!
The Granny Squares don't have a definite purpose, yet. But, they're certainly fun to make!
So,  I promise... I haven't abandoned them!

Naming the machine was brought up in the last post. My daughter had a suggestion which oddly enough was then suggested by Chris. That name would be "Lola".
Chris didn't explain why, but Cass' explanation was that Lola was close to Lilo which reminded her of the Disney film "Lilo & Stitch". Get it? Stitch?!
Chris also thought "Alice" from the "Brady Bunch". Now, I don't recall Alice ever sitting in front of a sewing machine, but I kinda' like it.
Well, time for me to go to bed... Nice chatting with you! Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. Okay this time I will save what I type. Cassie's quilt is really coming along colors are beautiful go very nicely with Cassie! Of course I have not done anything which is my fault bummer... but I will. On naming the machine I vote for Lola (if you're counting votes) only because I don't think I know anyone named Lola which works for me... I do know Alice(s)..


    I call my featherweights Thelma and Louise because I believe they like to have a good time... and also display a bit of temper from time to time...

    Need to get up to speed on this blogging I think I like this been reading and following some other quilters.

    Take care Love to All from Aunt Linda & U - Lee, (he was here a minute ago had to go back to TV you can tell he is 'retired') ugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it'd funny that Cassie and I came up with the same name. Maybe she is trying to tell you that's just her name. She looks like a Lola. Great progress on the blocks - I can't believe how far you have gotten in such a short time. They look beautiful. It will be done in no time. - Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabrics and colors are so pretty in Cassie's quilt!! Cassie is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

No ID? Use ANONYMOUS! Don't forget to give your name!