Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Granny Squares!

If you've been reading some other quilting blogs you've probably seen the Granny Square pattern being featured lately. Well, I have and it looked like something I'd definitely like to make!
So, without further adieu I'd like to present you with "Granny in the Springtime"...

This fabric is some of a HUGE stash of scraps that my sister-in-law, Carol has at her shop. These came just as you see 'em.



First, I laid them all out since they were rough cut enough to get a good idea of the finished product...




Next, they all needed to be cut down evenly. It seemed that 2 3/4"  would work for all pieces...




Once they were all cut, I sewed them into strips and YES, on my New Home using my new 1/4" foot...




Then, the strips were sewn together (how pretty is that!)



Time to square up the block...




And before you know it, you have yourself some Granny Squares...



I have to say, my New Home sewed wonderfully - so quiet and smooth with very nice stitches.
What a pretty project to have for its maiden voyage!
Some other blocks are laid out, ready to cut down and sew.
Look for them soon!

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Raina! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good ! You've certainly been busy since I left ! Can't wait to see the completed quilt. Is this for Cassie ?

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I missed Mom's visit I guess. That said the blocks are beautiful and no I guess I haven't seen 'granny square blocks' before. Will have to give them a try, like the fabrics. Sounds like the 1/4 inch foot and machine are happy together, a good sign. A very nice quilt for Cassie not that I am pressuring you into making a Cassie a quilt.......

    Love from Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete

No ID? Use ANONYMOUS! Don't forget to give your name!