Monday, May 7, 2012

A Little Getaway

Welcome to a new week. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I did!

Friday evening I dropped Wyatt (16) off at Trinity OPC in Hatboro, PA for 'preview weekend' for our church camp. He is a counselor for the
4-5-6 camp (that's grades 4,5,6) at French Creek Bible Conference.

After dropping him, I headed back over the river to south Jersey for a visit with my godparents. They graciously put me up for the night. I then spent all of Saturday with them. Aunt Linda and I visited a couple quilt shops near their house and had lunch at the most adorable restauant. The menu was not your typical fare... much more "gourmet" than most. I had a yummy  veggie burger (called Garden Burger), served with a beautiful side salad. Of course, I had ordered fries, too not that I needed them!


This is the entryway into the room where we ate...


and this is the room where we ate. It's actually an enclosed porch.
Beautiful place, huh?


If ever in Mount Holly, NJ you just have to visit
Robin's Nest Restaurant . You won't regret it!


Before lunch Aunt Linda showed me the local shop in beautiful Historic Burlington, NJ where Uncle Lee quilts when he's not quilting at home. He's a terrific quilter! He even runs one of the shop's many longarm machines that are available for use.
I'm ashamed to say that I didn't remember to take any pictures inside. There was much, too much to see and it slipped my mind. Here's one shot from inside the car...



To see better pics and much more, click this link for



Now this little shop in Mount Holly (around the corner from Robin's Nest) has a wonderful display of fabrics.
The Village Quilter has many quilts on display as you can see here and kits made on site to make your own. 
"Hi" Aunt Linda! Thanks again for everything - I had a really nice time visiting with you and Uncle Lee. We'll have to do it again sometime soon!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a nice visit, I was wondering how it was. That restaurant is really pretty, Was there more than the porch? I would have sat on the porch anyway. Did you get any sewing done? I'll talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you and Aunt Linda had a very special day together ! It's wonderful that you both share a love for quilting, not a coincidence I'm sure ! Robin's Nest reminds me a little of Dot's restaurant where we had your bridal shower- what do you think ? Anyway, it was a small miracle that you two were able to spend sometime together, considering your busy family responsibilities. I'm happy you took the time to do something you both enjoy and will always remember.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay no sure what happened to prior comments most likely did not save correctly. Raina's visit was great of course she did get something done she cut quilt square I got something done I 'watched'! Which actually was fun. On another note I went to the Shady Maple up near Lancaster area in PA with a friend for a seminar on Wednesday of this week with Martha Pullen on heirloom sewing. Okay so I was way out of my league but she was alot fun. I purchased a book at the seminar and ordered another which I guess will be mailed. Honestly didn't ask. something to share with Raina next time we get together.
    Additional update Lee's ankel is healing nicely gets stitches out on Tuesday next week. He started driving this week. this is getting to be a letter. signing off for now will try to save correctly. Love to All - Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete

No ID? Use ANONYMOUS! Don't forget to give your name!