Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New recipe time!


It was a very dreary day here in NJ.  It rained most of the day.
On the upside... while running a few errands this morning, I stopped at the thrift store and found one of those cool umbrellas that have a duck head for a handle.


Isn't it cute?
and only 3 dollars!



When I got home, I remembered that I had rhubarb in the fridge SO,
with the weather the way it was, I thought...

what a perfect day to bake a pie!



Yummy! Rhubarb Custard Pie!
It looks a little like an omelet in this picture!

Although this was a new recipe,
I still baked two and oh boy, were they good!

Here's the recipe:

The custard is made up of 3 eggs, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix all that together and pour over a pound of rhubard cut into 1/4 inch chunks mixed with 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt (place this mixture in an unbaked pie shell).
Bake the pie for 45 to 50 minutes @ 350 degrees F.


Go ahead and give it a try. Leave me a comment - I'd love to hear what you think of it!


2 comments:

  1. The pie seems easy enough, i' m not sure how i feel about rhubarb......I LOVE the umbrella, I' ve always thought they were so neat, great find :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Raina, having happy thoughts of fresh strawberries this week local farm market says they are will have them later this week. Miss you assume the ride home was okay easy pass and all!!

    Have a good week! lol Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete

No ID? Use ANONYMOUS! Don't forget to give your name!